Welcome to the new website of the International Association for Assyriology (IAA)
On this website, information about the International Association for Assyriology is provided, as well as everything you need to know about Assyriology. Please feel free to look around and enjoy our new website!
Do you have any remarks or additions? Please let us know!
The IAA was founded during the general meeting at the 49th Rencontre Assyriologique Internationale in London (7-11 July 2003). It is a non-profit organisation and a non-political institution.
The goals of the IAA are:
- To serve as a platform for scholars working in Cuneiform Studies, and Near Eastern Archaeology.
- To discuss all matters concerning these fields.
- To encourage and promote the study of these fields in all their aspects on an international basis.
It aims to further these goals by:
- To support and facilitate the organisation of a regular international congress of Assyriology and Near Eastern Archaeology, known as “Rencontre Assyriologique Internationale”.
- To stimulate collaboration between its own members, as well as between them and members in other fields and associations.
- For the Association to act as a representative body for the fields of Assyriology and Near Eastern Archaeology in relationship to national, international and private institutions and the general public.
- To encourage publications and disseminate information of interest to its members.
These goals are all to be understood in the widest sense of the words and include all that is connected with them or will contribute to them.
Prof. dr. Piotr Michalowski (president)
Prof. dr. Wilfred H. van Soldt (secretary)
Theo J.H. Krispijn (treasurer)
The address of the IAA is:
International Association for Assyriology
c/o Prof. dr. W.H. van Soldt
SMES – Assyriology
2300 RA Leiden
Or use our contact-sheet!