The winners of 2017 are:
Netanel Anor, Tel Aviv University
Mary Frazer, Yale University
Virginie Muller, Université Lyon 2
Silvia Salin, Università degli Studi di Verona
Lisa Wilhelmi, Universität Heidelberg
The award is meant for scholars who completed their Ph.D within the past eight years and do not receive funding for taking part in the Rencontre Assyriologique Internationale (RAI), the annual Assyriological congress.
Please observe the following rules and regulations:
- The IAA Fund for Recent PhDs for RAI Attendance is meant for scholars who completed their PhD within the past eight years and do not receive funding for taking part in the Rencontre Assyriologique Internationale (RAI), the annual Assyriological congress.
- The application process consists of the application form and a succinct description of the proposed paper (PDF).
- The fund will provide € 400 per person to cover costs related to registration and travel to the RAI in order to present their work.
- Five awards will be made each year.
- Applicants must be members of the IAA.
- The committee, which will be selected by the IAA Board, shall consist of four IAA members, one of whom is a member of the IAA Board and one of whom is a representative of the current RAI organizing committee.
- The RAI representative will change every year. The other committee members will serve for three years, after which new members will be chosen.
- The IAA board representative will be serving as the chair of the committee.
- Applications should be sent to the IAA Office in Leiden no later than March 1. The office shall then forward them to the committee members before March 10.
- The four members of the committee will evaluate the applications and make a preliminary ranking.
- The committee will submit its selection report to the IAA Board no later than April 15.
- The Board will review the committee’s report and announce the winners no later than May 1. During the General Meeting the committee’s chair will congratulate the winners.
Please send your application to the following email address:: IAAfund.RAI@iaassyriology.org